Small Forest DREAM Released into the World!
Small Forest is feeling a little taller and swaying with giddy happiness over our CD Release concert last Friday July 24th! Thanks to all who attended and gave us such wonderful feedback on the show, and special thanks to Suzi Hass Photography for documenting our big day! Follow Small Forest on YouTube to see some of the videos from the DREAM Concert!
XOXO -Marybeth, Jeanne, & Pat
Small Forest is HERE - where see us play!
Saturday, Aug. 1st, 5:30-7:30pm – Chocolate Fest Finale at DC Specialty Foods, 10331 WI-42, Ephraim, WI.
- We’re starting out August as chocolate covered trees, singing at the Chocolate Festival at DC Specialty Foods in Ephraim. We will be performing in the courtyard outside – please join us for a wonderful celebration of music and chocolate! Get to know the subtleties of dark chocolates, learn which specific flavors tickle your palate and where it was grown. Located in North Ephraim next to the Unitarian Church and 106.9 The Lodge.
Wednesday, Aug. 5th, 3-5pm – Outside on the patio at the Baileys Harbor Cornerstone Pub. Two Trees (that's Marybeth & Pat when Jeanne is busy working) perform all original music!
Friday, Aug. 7th, 7pm – Wise Women at Woodwalk Concert Series, Egg Harbor.
- The Girls of Small Forest are joined by Katie Dahl and Jenny Bienemann in a Nashvilles-style songwriter circle performance. The night opens with belly dancing and the second half starts with a reading by a special guest author from Los Angeles, CA.
Saturday, Aug. 8th, 9pm-1am (we’ll be taking an afternoon nap!) – Mojo Rosa’s, downtown Egg Harbor, WI.
Saturday, Aug. 15th, 1:30-3:30pm – Outside on the porch at J. Jeffrey Taylor, Fish Creek. Celebrate our Bass Tree’s Birthday with us!
Sunday, Aug. 16th, 1-3pm – A Bird-A-Faire benefit for the Open Door Bird Sanctuary at Woodwalk Gallery & Events Barn.
- As avid supporters of nature conservancy, we are so pleased to be part of this wonderful even. Come see custom quilts and all kinds of bird and nature art. Open Door staff will also be on hand with live birds of prey and other fun stuff. Shop, visit and learn about the birds and enjoy Small Forest from
Tuesday, Aug. 18th, 2:30-4:30pm – Concerts in the Park at Noble Square Park, Fish Creek. Some seating provided, or bring chairs or blankets and have a picnic!
Jeanne Kuhns solo:
Sundays, 8-11pm at Mojo Rosa’s, Egg Harbor, with guest artists.
Saturdays, 11am-1pm at MacReady’s Bread Company, Egg Harbor *Special time Aug 15th 5-7pm.
Marybeth Mattson solo:
Saturday, Aug. 1st, 2-4pm outside on the porch at J. Jeffrey Taylor, Fish Creek. Some chairs provided, enjoy the sunny lawn with a cold drink from Craic Coffee in Founder’s Square!
Tuesdays, 10:30am-1pm at the Jacksonport Farmers Market. August 18 thru September (while the weather holds).
Lost Moth Gallery Events
Jeanne’s Lost Moth Gallery has some fun things happening in August in addition to being open 10am-4pm Thursday thru Monday.
Thursday, Aug. 6th, 4-8pm – Women’s Fine Art Galleries of Egg Harbor Progressive Art Crawl.
- Each gallery will have food starting with hors d'oeuvres at Lost Moth and ending with a Chocolate fountain at Angela Lensch Gallery. It is also opening night of the Face Show at Off The Wheel Pottery, and new works by Dawn Patel and Jeanne Kuhns at Lost Moth Gallery. Pick up a rack card at any of these galleries, visit all 4 galleries and get your card signed at each, and you become eligible for a drawing for a gift certificate from one of the galleries!
- Jeanne Kuhns of Door County's Lost Moth Gallery
- Rene Schwaller of Off the Wheel Pottery
- Ginnie Cappaert of Cappaert Contemporary Gallery
- Angela Lensch of Angela Lensch Gallery
Saturday, Aug. 22nd, 7pm – Gallery Concert with Blues/Roots Musicians Lor Chang and Joe G will perform. $15 at the door, snacks and refreshments at 6pm, BYO welcome!
Woodwalk Concert Series (FRIDAYS, 7pm)
Every Friday you'll find Jeanne (host), Marybeth (concessions), and Pat (sound) running the Woodwalk Concert Series. Friday, August 7th features Marybeth & Jeanne in the annual Wise Women show, but check out who's finishing off August!
Aug. 14th - Dave McGraw & Mandy Fer (Americana duo)
Aug. 21st - Harpeth Rising - (Trio's new album releases Aug. 15th)
Aug. 28th - Krista Detor (Piano, accordion, guitar, and bass back up smoky sultry vocals and Detor's outstanding lyrical masterpieces.